Letters from Dallen while on his mission... July 27, 2016-July 2018

Thursday, March 29, 2018

Dallen Edwards - Bus Seat Checker Extraordinaire

(written March 26, 2018)

Hey all! It has been the dopest of weeks. It’s been well good. I’ll see if I can sauce up some highlights for yall.

For the first time in my life, I slipped and fell in the shower. It was pretty funny. I wasn’t sure if I should laugh, be embarrassed, or mourn over my aching left bum cheek. I chose the first option.

Nailed it.
 
We didn’t have anyone get angry at us this week, which was unusual. And we actually met a whole load of nice people who actually wanted to talk to us! Sweet hallelujah! It was great, one in particular was super good, her name is Rebekah and she was well interested in learning more. Another lady thinks all churches are a bit wrong, so we taught some restoration and we’re like here check this book. Another dude was a big stoner so we’ll see how it is when we meet with him. 
😂

Yep.

Another man hasn’t found a church he likes but is a big time Christian! He wants to come and check out ours. So yeah! It’s been dope! We prayin hard that at least one of those people we will see again and be able to start teaching. (:

Mikaelas still doing good, she went to the temple again this week, and loved it again.
I went on an exchange with an elder named Arias. It was aight. We worked hard and found some peeps. 
Temple

Trying to think of any other funny things this week... ... ... ... those dots are me thinking for like 5 minutes... sorry. Got nothin. ): 

Yesterday, I thought about forgiveness. It’s a tough one to do sometimes. There’s a quote I love that says, when you hold a grudge your only poisoning yourself. It’s so true. It comes from the churches addiction recovery vids. But yeah forgiveness. We all mess up, we all do stupid things, but we’re all trying. I sure know I’ve messed up and said stupid things to my friends in the past. I’ve also done stupid things that my Heavenly Father probably was a bit sad about. But I’m so grateful that they are Christlike people and are able to forgive me. I’m also grateful that the Lord has helped me when I’ve needed to forgive somebody. And I’m so grateful that Heavenly Father has forgiven me and continues to do so. Life can smack ya down sometimes, friends can smack ya down sometimes, heck even church members or leaders can smack ya down sometimes. But the big man upstairs doesn’t smack us down. He’s there to pick you up. And help you forgive and forget. He loves all of his children, and all of his children mess up. When somebody hurts you, it’s gonna be tough to forgive. But the lord will help you. And it will be freeing for you. But yeah, I think that is the end of my rant. 

I sure love all you people. Be excellent to each other. And party on dudes! 
-ederds
I walked right past the love of my life in the street.😍


No comments:

Post a Comment