Letters from Dallen while on his mission... July 27, 2016-July 2018

Thursday, March 15, 2018

Weird cucumber things

(written February 19, 2018)

Chapel

Hey all! It has been another pretty dope as week. I’ll tell ya about it. By the way Intros to emails are the worst.

We had the neatest experience this week! We tried by this member of the church (hasn’t been in quite some time), but she didn’t want to talk so we were tracting the doors next to her house. And we met this Jewish man named Rock! Oh my days. So flipping prepared. Unlike other Jews he actually believes in Christ. We taught him the whole restoration just by answering his questions. He took a Book and a restoration pamphlet. He then said “you know, 2 days ago I asked god for further knowledge. And 2 days later you two showed up with exactly that.” It was amazing! Haha such a cool experience. He was one of those ones that don’t really want to set up an appointment, but he said we can pop by any time and just hope that he’s in.

Our fresh new style.

My comp is a funny dude. Sometimes I don’t wake up to the alarm, so he wakes me up if I sleep through it. And a couple days this week I woke up to a short little Ukrainian man patting my head. Interesting way to wake somebody up, but hey it was more effective than the alarm clock. 
😉
Also elder t’s mom is going to hate me. He’s the most innocent pure hearted lad you’ll meet and I’ve been teaching him phrases like “turtle heading” and “prairie dogging”. 

Mikaela is still on track for her baptism! It’s been a tough week for her, but she’s pressin on. She is the best. Keep her in your prayers!

Transcdendent

We had tea with a member last night, I was wearing my suit but no jacket cause it had been a crazy and rushed afternoon after church. So the member forced me to take their jacket. I didn’t want to, but they made me. We went and tried by our investigators house and they let us in. And I will just say that their house is... well... I don’t think it’s ever been cleaned. It’s rank. And after we left I noticed I could still smell the smell. Sitting on their couch had made it rub off on our clothes. And this members jacket smelled like it. Worst feeling ever haha. I’m probably going to put it in the kitchen and cook some curry or something so the curry aroma masks the smell. 
😂😂😂 haha. Flip.

Chillin.

We were at Subway and elder t was telling the worker what he wanted on his sub, “salad, tomatoes, and uh... those weird cucumber things.” Couldn’t remember pickle. Haha it was pretty funny. He is the man. He played more saxophone this week too. Masta.


Tasty Nando's

So that’s my week! Been pretty solid! Oh also I gave a talk at church. Haha it’s been a busy week. I’ve loved it though. Love you all! Have a bodacious week!

-elder Edwards



No comments:

Post a Comment