Letters from Dallen while on his mission... July 27, 2016-July 2018

Monday, August 28, 2017

Flippin Phillipino


Bore da. (Welsh for "good morning")  Hope all are well. The comp is always saying flippin phillipino so that's my subject today. 😜 This kid is the man. Haha we are having so much fun. I have to watch my back because he uses his martial arts skills on me sometimes. I'm learning how to get beat up by a ninja so that's good.


My area is flippin beautiful! Like for reals. So pretty. I'm loving it so much. Like I said last week, I love wales. (: one day we took a two hour walk along the promenade and street contacted the whole way. Nobody wanted to talk to us, but there was a nice lookout point at the end. It's really fun to walk along the beach talking to people, but not the most effective cause nobody wants to talk to us when they're having a day out at the beach. 😜

So. Colwyn Bay. The branch here is really struggling. We're lucky if we get 30 people out on a Sunday. And a good handful of those are people coming from Chester, who have a calling to come help out Colwyn Bay ward. Our branch prez is a member of Chester ward. Nobody has been baptised here in more than a year as well. Me and elder Artates are really giving it our all. Trying our best to help out some less actives, and also trying to find people to build up the branch a bit.


We've had a couple miracles! One day we felt like we should go try by an investigator, she wasn't home, but as we were walking we heard "hey elders!" In a STRONG Scottish accent. Haha her name was Jill and she was super nice. She was with her son Louis, and they are moving from Scotland into our area! She is a less active who was baptized 15 years ago, and we think her two sons aren't members yet. So we've got a wonderful part member family to work with when they move here. Luckily I had some chocolate a member gave me that I gave to Louis and we quickly became homies. 😜

The elders are some of my boys elder Rodriguez, elder Charles and
the main man Cepeda. Ah man Ive made so many good friends.


The members here are wonderful. We get fed like everyday. Our main man Paul goes around every Sunday filling up our week with food appointments. Good stuff. (: a lot of great people here.


Well, that's us here, talking to loads of people and trying our best to rely on God to help us have an impact on this area. I love the words of Ammon in Alma 26, with God all things are possible. I feel a bit like Ammon. With My strength I can't do jack. But with God helpin me out, we can accomplish all things. I love you all! Have a great week!





No comments:

Post a Comment