Letters from Dallen while on his mission... July 27, 2016-July 2018

Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Ashton

written July 31, 2017

Well... things are mad slow here in Ashton. I think every single one of our appointments fell through this week. A is in the hospital with severe burns on his legs, S has fallen back into his old
habits. So that has been really sad. It's really hard to see people you love so much held down by addiction. Alcohol is the devils nectar in my opinion. So that's been kinda sad.


M cancelled loads of appointments this week. It just might not be his time. He will get there eventually. We found a couple new people this week, ones name is Evelyn and we will be seeing her tonight. Hopefully we can share a message that will touch her. (:

My boy Dave

We've been working super hard and trying new things to try and find people to teach but that's not what the Lords got in mind for us right now. I know that what the Lord wants to happen, happens. So I know this is what the Lord wants for us and our area. I know that as we keep the faith, keep working hard, keep striving to be more Christlike, He will lead us to somebody in his timing. Might not even be while I'm here in Ashton. Which is all good. (: 



Hump Day tradition of burning a white shirt.


Last night we met a girl named Alicia. The instant she saw us she started asking about the Book of Mormon, spirit world, and Adam and Eve. We were like woah what the heck. We talked for like 15 minutes. She said she'd never felt the spirit before. Later on she mentioned how talking to us helped her feel relaxed about all her questions. So we acknowledged that as the spirit. She was so prepared. But she didn't want to give us her number, address, or meet up again. She said she wasn't quite ready. So we said goodbye and off she went. It was an interesting experience. We have nobody to teach and At the end of a long tough week, we meet a girl who's really interested and prepared, but it isn't quite the right timing yet. Looking at it in my human eyes, it was frustrating. Frustrating to meet such an inquisitive and questioning and believing girl, but for us to not be able to meet again. But we tried to look at it through Gods eyes. He led us to her, to give her an experience of feeling the spirit. But it isn't quite her time to be taught by the missionaries. But we were part of his plan, in leading this girl to the truth. Maybe he'll lead us back to her, maybe missionaries years down the road will teach her. And whoever it is, it doesn't really matter. I'm just glad I was able to meet her, and share something that helped her in her journey. 


Sometimes enduring, in the mission and in life, we feel like we're not up to par. That were not as good as we need to be. But we need to just hang on. Hang on with whatever faith we have, and keep trying. I love Jeffrey R Hollands words "So keep loving. Keep trying. Keep trusting. Keep believing. Keep growing. Heaven is cheering you on today, tomorrow and forever." 




In other news, we had a zone conference, which was killer, it was my year mark, which was killer, ya boy Jarry had his farewell yesterday, (I spoke in sacrament meeting as well which was enjoyable), played lots of football in the mornings (which was killer), my boy dave from Chester drove down to have lunch with us, which was killer, I rode in Dave's trunk as he drove like a mad man, which was killer, I got absolutely drenched on Friday, which was killer. 
Life is good. I love 
it. And I love you all. Ta.




No comments:

Post a Comment