Letters from Dallen while on his mission... July 27, 2016-July 2018

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

I'm a dad! (Mission terms that is)

Hello everyone! My subject kind of gives away the news but I will save transfer info for the end. (: we had such a killer week! Monday was a good p day on Halloween, we did some shopping and ate at subway and such. The Wades had us and the other elders over that night for tea and pumpkin carving with their kids. It was a blast! We aren't allowed to be out on Halloween after 5 unless a member has us over and gives us lifts. So that was super solid. That family is the best.

Tuesday we had district meeting in the morning. Elder korth wasn't feeling good so after district meeting he called Sister Ulrich cause he felt like he was going to throw up. So she told him to go back to the flat so we spent the afternoon at the flat. chillin. 😜 He was feeling better enough that night to go to Sian's. She fed us glorious food and there was loads of it. I had like 5 steaks. Mmmm.

Dinner at Sian's house. She cooked up 18 steaks to feed 4 missionaries.

Wednesday we did some solid tracting for a good portion of the day. Nobody was much interested. We had tea that night with David and Debbie again and they came with us to Tina's for a lesson. Well not really a lesson just planning her baptism. Super solid. She is the best.

Thursday was weekly planning/pizza day. We did some tracting before we went to the chapel to get everything ready for the baptism. Elder Korth did the baptism for Tina. The whole service was really great and had such a good spirit. I am so excited for Tina. Teaching her has been a breeze, she was just the golden investigator. She taught us as well. She will make such an amazing addition to the church/ward and I couldn't be happier for her. The gospel truly does bless lives. Seeing people come unto Christ brings so much happiness. (:

Elder Korth, Tina, and Elder Edwards.

Friday we went to a nearby town with the other elders to have lunch and tract for an afternoon. Me and Elder Cepeda went together. We had a really good time, met some nice people but they weren't too interested. We had tea that night with our ward mission leader brother Lowe. He is so solid, so engaged and passionate about the work. I want him to be the ward mission leader in all my next areas as well. (: He came with us to Sian and Rob's house. We reviewed the baptism questions with Rob and just had a really nice conversation about everything. Rob is like a changed man. It is pretty incredible.

Elder Edwards with Brother Lowe, Rhyl ward mission leader.

Saturday we had a street display. I saw a man walking slowly towards the display so I went and started talking to him. He told me he was a Christian and Pentecostal. I said oh nice and asked him if there was a church in Rhyl. He said yeah and I asked if he had seen our church in Rhyl. He said some mean things about how he wouldn't go near it. He pointed at the Book of Mormon and said that is heracy and has nothing to do with god. I said it has everything to do with god. I was being really patient and pleasant but when I said that he went into a little fit of rage like a 4 year old and grabbed a pamphlet out of my hand and started trying to rip it up. I said sir what are you doing you are being really childish. He continued to throw his fit and ripped up my pamphlet then stormed off. It was pretty entertaining seeing a grown man in his 60's act like that. Kids, don't be like the man in the street. 😜 We headed to Colwyn Bay for Rob's interview. Rob was there looking sharp in nice slacks and button up shirt. He passed! We are so excited! They took us to KFC afterwards. We street contacted for an hour then had to be in the flat for the rest of the night because it was bonfire night.

Deuces Elder Korth. It's been Rhyl. (:

Sunday was great! I got to confirm Tina in sacrament meeting. What an amazing experience. Its pretty amazing having nothing in your head before a blessing but then being given what to say in the very moment through the spirit. And it will be exactly what the lord wants this person to hear. In this case being Tina. (: she is the best ever. So a couple weeks ago president told me in my interview he was thinking about me to be a trainer. So it's been in my mind a bit. Transfer calls are Sunday at 5-6 at night usually. But if you are training he calls you Friday or Saturday. We didn't get a call so I was like oh I'm not training. But at 4 o'clock on Sunday I got a call from president and he asked me to be a trainer here in Rhyl. What. Super super exciting but also a little scary. I am super excited. We are having a train the trainers meeting tonight at the mission home then will be getting our new companions tomorrow at transfer meeting. Gonna be so solid. Its been so great serving here in Rhyl with Elder Korth and I am glad to be staying. He is super solid. He will be whitewashing into St. Helens with Elder Kellogg. He is excited to be going back to Liverpool zone. They'll kill it. (: We went to the fireside where recent converts speak with rob and bro Lowe that night. It was super good. Rob loved it and definitely felt the spirit. He wants to go again. He is seriously just the man. 

Email time. (:

Right now we are on a train to meet some missionaries so Elder Korth can stay in Wigan with an elder and that elders companion will come with me to train the trainers. I'm not sure if I will send my emails today or tomorrow after I get my companion so I may or may not add more to my email.
I know this church is true and am so glad to be a missionary who represents Jesus Christ. I am so excited to continue the work in Rhyl working together with my new companion. Its going to be solid! I love you all have a great week!

Elders Korth, Edwards, and Kofoed.

Well I never got a chance to email this and I now have my new companion! We had a train the trainers meetings last night in the mission home and it was super good. Afterwards me, Elder Liss, Elder Webb, and Elder Vincent spent the night at the ap's flat. The next morning elder Webb drove us to transfer meeting and what would take normally a 10 minute drive took us 2 hours because the sat nav kept leading us astray. It was a real good time though. Those were some of the other trainers and elder Webb and Vincent are both from my group. We got our companions! My new companion is Elder Jensen from Blackfoot Idaho. He is 6 foot 7. 😳 Good thing I am tall as well. 😂 I am looking forward to this new transfer it is going to be killer! I love you all!

-Elder Edwards

More pics from Chester.

No comments:

Post a Comment