Letters from Dallen while on his mission... July 27, 2016-July 2018

Monday, October 31, 2016

Cops, crimes, and baptisms

Hello all! Don't worry the subject of this email will be explained fully. (: and we didn't commit any crimes I'll just get that outta the way rn. 😜 this week has been absolutely amazing! I can't wait for you all to hear everything about it! 😁 also I have mad loads of pictures. Hope you enjoy them.

A crazy cathedral in Chester.

Monday was super fun! Tom, a member of our ward, drove us to Chester in his tiny little car. We hung out with him and did some shopping then he had to leave. We met up with a bunch of other missionaries. It was super fun we had a great time. (:

Tom's tiny car. (:
Tuesday we had a street display which is always good. Afterward I went to Colwyn Bay for exchange with Elder Chilpagiri. Trainees ruling the area! It was a blast, we got a couple new investigators for his area and saw a less active family. The mom was crazy drunk. She really wanted me to meet her son because she thought the gospel would be good for him and he's really into parkour and flips and stuff. She was really sad to learn that I'm not actually in that area. Hopefully I can meet him on exchange there again. Elder Chilpagiri is the man. He's hilarious and we had a great time.

Exchanges. (:

Wednesday we exchanged back. I honestly don't remember what else we did that day. Here is where crimes comes in: somebody got murdered in Rhyl either Tuesday night or Wednesday night. At 7 o'clock. We stay out till 9 every night. That's pretty mad. Rhyl can be a sketchy place. But we try to stay away from dodgy areas at night.

Traveling through the darkness to Sian's house one time. (:

Thursday was weekly pizza day and my three month mark! Score! 😁 Me and elder Korth had tea with David and Debbie. They are super great, it was really fun. They joined us for a lesson with Tina. We taught tithing and it went really well. She was very willing to live it. (: She is amazing, seriously so good. Very excited for her baptism.
Friday we had a street display which went really good as well. I enjoy street displays. A really good way to talk to loads of people in a small amount of time. We went to Sian's that night for her pre-baptism feast. She cooked loads and loads of Chinese food and it was all the best things I have ever eaten in the entirety of my entire life. My mouth is watering rn just thinking about it. Sian is the best, we always feel so so welcome in her home. Rob is the bomb too, they are just really great people.

Sian's house. Her dog Keke is my favorite thing on the planet.

Saturday we went to the chapel and started filling the font for Sian's baptism. We made the program as well. It took us ages. Me and elder Korth aren't very good at that type of thing. When Sian arrived for her baptism she was smiling ear to ear. She was bouncing up and down and was just so excited. Her excitement was infectious for all there. (: I changed into my white clothes and when I came out she said "wow! You look really cool! Like Elvis or something!" Haha she is hilarious. After the baptism talk when the time came for her baptism she basically ran to the font. I was a bit nervous to be preforming the baptism just hoping I would do it right and everything. But when I began it was just like somebody took over. It was as if Jesus Christ himself was there baptising her. It was such an amazing and humbling experience to be the representative of Jesus Christ for Sian's baptism. When she came out of the water she just had the biggest smile on her face. She thanked me and was just so excited and happy. Walking out of the font she said can we just go back and do that again? She is amazing. 

Sian's baptism.

It has truly been such an amazing experience watching her journey coming into Christ. I really have felt humbled and so lucky to have been able to teach her and feel of her spirit. This was one of the greatest moments in my life thus far. (:  After her baptism Tina had her baptismal interview. She passed no problem. She will be baptised this Thursday!! 😁 so excited, the ward had a little get together medieval party afterwards. We stayed for a bit and played some football and tug of war and stuff. It was a really good time. Sunday we had Sian's confirmation in church! It was so great. She was smiling so brightly yet again. It has been such a pleasure teaching her. (: the rest of church was great. 

Elders Cepeda and Raven came to our flat for lunch. We had an entire loaf of bread that expired the next day. Elder Cepeda was getting himself a drink and I hurled a piece of bread right at his face. A full out bread war ensued. I'm pretty sure I got a hernia from laughing so hard. That night me and Elder Korth were tracting. It was about 7 but dark already. The cops pulled up. Haha somebody called the cops on us. He was super nice though and just said it's probably not a good idea to be knocking when it's dark. So that was a good time. (: 

Elder Raven. No explanation needed.

That night we were doing our training extra hour of study and Elder Korth had the phone. He checked a text and kinda started flipping out. I was like what is going on. He tossed me the phone and this is what the text from Sian said, "I have the most amazing news. Rob wants to be baptised!!!!!" We were just blown away and so so excited. Rob never showed much interest during the lessons but he must have really felt the spirit at her baptism. When Sian was texting us Rob was on the phone with his dad to give him all his alcohol. He had already thrown away all his tea and coffee. We could hardly believe it. He wants to be baptized as soon as possible so we are thinking a week from this Saturday. 

Elder Korth, Rob, Sian, Elder Edwards

It has been absolutely amazing seeing these miracles this weekend. I feel so lucky and blessed to be here. I love this work. I love this church. I know it's true. I haven't been here long but I have already seen lives changed and it is absolutely incredible. I know that there is no greater thing on this planet than the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I feel so humbled to have been a witness of these miracles. I hope you all have an amazing week! Love you all!

~Elder Dallen Edwards

Missionaries.


Heck yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment