Letters from Dallen while on his mission... July 27, 2016-July 2018

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Sleepover and some other stuff

Right before our sleepover. (:

Hello everyone! We have had a super solid week! On Monday we just hung out with elders Cepeda and Raven. Did some shopping and stuff. I bought a big marshmallow style coat. I like it. You'll see a picture. (: Elders Cowdrey and Thorpe came over for a sleepover! They live ages away and we had a multi zone meeting in Crewe on Tuesday. So they came so they wouldn't have to travel for like 4 hours. It was a blast. They are both great. Elder Cowdrey is hilarious. We had a really good time. Thorpe is from Layton Utah and Cowdrey is from somewhere in Australia.

Action figure or something in the new coat. (:

Tuesday we had the multi zone meeting. It was great, super fun to see everybody. Those meetings always take up our whole day because we travel for ages. Always good to hear from President and Sister Ulrich, they are so great.

Wednesday we went to Colwyn Cay for Sian's baptismal interview! She came out and she was just smiling from ear to ear! She was so happy and excited! It was so good to see her so happy and excited for her baptism. The rest of the day we did some tracting and other stuff. Honestly I don't really remember what we did. We did have dinner with the Yenson family which was super solid. They fed us the tastiest burgers I've ever had. It was mad good.

Thursday was weekly pizza day! And planning or something like that. We did service that afternoon some gardening for sister Williams. It’s always nice to do service while on the mish. Nice to get out of the usual clothes. 😜 We tried by Karen and Jamie that night. I talked about them ages ago, but they weren't willing to make any appointments or anything. So we took a break for a bit. She has made loads of progress since we last saw her! We will be seeing her and Jamie this Thursday which should be solid. (:

More pics from Llandudno

Friday we went to a nearby town, Denbigh, with the other Rhyl elders. We tracted and me and elder Cepeda went on splits for a bit. It was super fun! He is great and we had a blast. Nobody was very interested but it was good to switch it up for a bit. We had fish n chips that night. Mmmmm. (: we had a super great lesson with Tina that night! She committed to stop drinking tea. Her baptism is going to be November 5th. We are super excited. (: she is so great.

Saturday we had a street display. I was not feeling it at all. I didn't feel like doing it and just had a bad attitude about it. But I’ve learned a lot from my pops about digging in and working hard. So I just dug in. It ended up being one of our most productive days in a while in terms of meeting people, we have 3 new investigators and taught loads of lessons just from that afternoon. Grateful to my dad for teaching me that sometimes we just don't feel like doing anything, but to just get going. Great lesson for the mission and for life. Thanks dad. 😉
Elder Shilpagiri my man (:

Sunday was stake conference. Sian needed to come to be able to be baptized. She had mixed up the dates of when she was going to Blackpool and she went on Sunday. She thought she was going Saturday but it was actually Sunday so she couldn't come. She was devastated when we talked to her on the phone. President was there because we were all having interviews and I talked to him about it. He wants her to still be baptized this Saturday. We will be seeing her tonight. Everyone keep her in your prayers please, the adversary is hard at work. So I will let you all know next week if she is baptized or will have a later baptismal date. She is so great and definitely wants to be baptized.

I'd like to tell you all I'm grateful to Jeremy Jones for being a Mormon. I miss watching ski videos but he has an I'm a Mormon video. So I get to watch that and it has some solid snowboarding in it. Haha nice little tender mercy from the lord. 😉 I hope you all have an amazing week! I love you all!!

More flip pics. Haha I hope you're all not bored of!


No comments:

Post a Comment