Letters from Dallen while on his mission... July 27, 2016-July 2018

Monday, November 14, 2016

Dad life 👨‍👦 (I'm the little one in front)

Elder Edwards and Elder Jensen.

Helloooo everybody! What a crazy and killer week this has been! The first couple of days were just mad traveling pretty much everywhere in the mission. You already heard this but got my new companion at transfer meeting Elder Jensen. He is the bomb. Super nice and fun and is here to work hard and be obedient. We are having a really good time so far. We killed the heck outta Rhyl this week. 😜

Wednesday was full of loads of finding. We've really done a lot of finding this week. Not too much to report. We actually met loads of interested people and a lot of them want us to come back. This one man took us to his car to show us a UFO magazine from the sixties so he could prove there was pyramids on mars. Sure looked a heck of a lot like a normal mountain to me. He was a good man. I learned a lot about aliens. 👽 We had tea with our amazing ward mission leader brolo (brother Lowe). Him and his family are just the greatest, so supportive of us missionaries and so willing to help us out with anything really. Brother Lowe is the most in tune with the spirit out of anyone I have ever met. He is amazing. We went to our investigator Steve that night. Steve is uhhh.... quite opinionated. Next time we go we just need to say hey you've done loads of talking now we are going to teach you something. He's super nice and I actually think he'll respond well to us saying that. See how it goes. Good man.

Elder Korth's posterity. Look I gained a couple inches and am as tall as Elder Korth now! Oh yeah haha I forgot to bring an extra shirt to the baptism. So I was pretty wet underneath that suit coat. 😂😂

Thursday I introduced Elder Jensen to weekly planning/pizza day. Elder Korth your tradition will live on. Can't go wrong in life if you have weekly pizza day. We did loads more finding that day and it was very similar to the day before. Just teaching tons of lessons and tons of people who are actually interested in what we have to say. And people who want us to come back as well. Ahhh yeah. 😎 things are going so great, we are working super hard and elder Jensen is getting adjusted quickly. We had tea with Sian and Rob that night. They are just the best people on the planet. Rob is the man. 120%.


Friday Elder Jensen got the best food he will ever have ever which is fish n chips from the place right next to our flat. He loved it. I loved it. I don't think I will ever get sick of fish n chips. Elders Cepeda and Raven joined us as well. It was a real good time. We all went to saint asaph a nearby town for blitzing an area. Me and Elder Cepeda went on splits together and met a ton more people who actually listened to us. Elder Cepeda is the man we have good times. He's moving to Utah. He already told me. Gonna be bomb.

Twinning is winning. (with Elder Cepeda)

Saturday we had a street display with the other elders. We had lunch at their mansion first. Bread wars have kind of just become a casual thing between me and Elder Cepeda. The street display went super good I met so many nice and open minded people. Elder Jensen just brought the teaching fire with him this week or something because so many people have been listening to us. Its been bomb. He also brought a whole lotta rain with him. Its really been coming down haha. ☔️

Rob!!!!
Saturday night we had Rob's baptism!!! He had asked me perform the baptism. Seeing these baptisms these past couple weeks has been just incredible. Baptising Rob was another amazing experience. He, much like Sian, came up out of the water with just the biggest infectious smile. I seriously feel so lucky to have met him. He is a great friend now, and has seriously changed so much since Sian's baptism. Ah I have nothing but the best of things to say about Sian and Rob. They are truly the best. (: oh yeah Elder Korth and his companion came down for the baptism. So good to see him again. (: I had a killer time serving here in Rhyl with him. What a legend. (:

Elder Edwards, Rob, Sian, and Elder Jensen.

Sunday was Remembrance Sunday. They had a really nice service at a memorial in Rhyl. Remembrance Sunday is just all about remembering and honoring the people who fought and died in the wars. Our bishop put a wreath on the memorial in behalf of the church. During sacrament meeting I was thinking about my grandpas brother Martin Edwards whose plane went down in world war 2. It never really clicked for me before but I realized how grateful I really am to him for going to war to defend his family and me as well. The spirit came over me super strong and I just knew that he looks out for our whole family. It was a really neat experience. So grateful for the people who have fought to defend our country. We did some tracting that afternoon and met loads more interested people. Doors have really been opening this week with people and I am excited to keep working hard and help bring happiness into these people's lives.

P-day shopping.

Today was p day or Monday fun day as Elder Cepeda has started calling it. Haha we just went and shopped for some winter stuff and had subway and are now chillin at the chapel. Good times. (: I hope you all have an amazing week! The church is true, and if we are reading his word and praying with all our hearts there is no way we will ever forget that. I love you all!!

-Elder Dallen Edwards

Unfortunately I didn't buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment