Letters from Dallen while on his mission... July 27, 2016-July 2018

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Tag teaming with the j dubs

(Written April 30, 2018)

my place

Hey all! This has been a killer week. One night we were visiting these people Yasmin and Beth and their dog is a nutter. It hates my guts and this dog is absolutely terrifying. Well he almost bit me right in between the legs. I was so scared for my life. Most terrifying experience of a life time. 

We had a slick exchange this week with my man Santos. He’s in my group, and it was a well fun exchange. We got some stuff done and had a well good time. While with him, we had an appointment with our man Petross. When we got there Petross was like super sorry but I had some visitors come in unexpected. We were like oh no worries we can come around another time. Then he was like nah just come in. We came in and there sat 2 Jehovahs Witnesses. haha it was well awkward and well funny as well. We made some nice small talk with the witnesses then they gave us a quick lecture on some doctrine then they bounced. We then talked to Petross. Haha it was crazy, never thought that would happen.

  
I didn't want to wait till I got home to eat my pizza,
and my comps were raging at me for trying to
feed the seagulls.

We found loads of new people this week! I’m well stoked! Especially this dude we met Brandon. We got on super well and he’s a G. We’ve got a stacked week this week so hopefully all goes well. Got to see Sian and Rob as well! Chuffed about that. 😄 I’ve missed Sians cooking. lol.
Transfers! Me and ya boy godfrey are staying here in Rhyl. I’m well pumped. Elder effah is bouncing, I’ll miss him it’s been well fun. Super good lad. This transfer with elder godfrey is gonna be lit. We’re gonna go ham. 

the old flat

I was thinking about a quote my brother sauced to me at the beginning of my mission... it goes “to be interested in the changing of seasons is a much better state of mind then to be hopelessly in love with spring.” Not sure who it’s by. But it’s well good. I really like it. It’s kinda like those scriptures in eccliastes (spelled wrong) 3. Check it out. To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heavens. It talks about how there’s a time to build up, and a time to break down. A time to laugh, and a time to mourn. We’ve all got times when we’re just cruising through life no worries. Then we’ve all got times when everything is just trickin us in the gin. When it feels like the whole world is against us. But I really know that God has his hand in the details of our life, and he’s got a nice little plan for each one of us. We will never go unnoticed and will never be abandoned. Sometimes winter might feel quite long (metaphorically speaking for hard times, winter is the best season lol) but spring will always come. I just really really know that god loves us, and that even though sometimes we’re going through the ringer, there’s always light at the end of the tunnel. (: God is the man. Hope that little thought made any sense at all. My brain is pretty scrambled rn. But I love you all! Have an excellent week!
-ya boy

cart


No comments:

Post a Comment