Letters from Dallen while on his mission... July 27, 2016-July 2018

Thursday, December 7, 2017

Makin this world LIT

(written December 4, 2017)

Hey fam/friends. Hope yall are doing real well. (: its been a pretty good week here, there was a child of record baptism on Saturday and it was really nice. His name is Xreian, me and elder Arrington were asked to do the talks and Xreian’s mom asked me to confirm him, which I enjoyed. It was real sweet and reminded me of the peace and happiness that comes from following the gospel of Jesus Christ. (: we were hopin to get Alex and Emma out, but Emma was busy and Alex had to cancel last minute. So a bit lame but all good.

We’ve been trying to find some new people to teach. I’m trying to change my attitude to be more optimistic about finding people so that’s fun haha. (: we also got to do some good service this week which we enjoyed. We helped Steve move into Emma’s house then Emma cooked us some bacon and sausage baps. Well nice.
 

We had a multi zone conference this week! The conference was good, but extremely LONG. Haha it was good though and I learned some good stuff. It was well good to see all the boys as well. Super fun. (:



It's the most wonderful time of the year! #lighttheworld! We’ve been thinking about how we can light the world! John 8:12 says 
“Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.” 
Jesus is the light of the world! There’s so many people in this world who are crying, who are walking in darkness. They need somebody to reach out to them. The darkness of sin can be pretty dark and hopeless sometimes. But what a wonderful opportunity we all have to light the world! Little things make the biggest difference in people’s lives. You never know how much good you do, and by small and simple means are great things brought to pass! I know Christ lives! And I know as we all try to do a little extra to reach out to somebody who needs lifting up, we will change lives. I love you all! 

Have an excellent week, hope some of ya are getting some snow!
 
Love, elder Edwards



No comments:

Post a Comment