Letters from Dallen while on his mission... July 27, 2016-July 2018

Friday, June 2, 2017

Zooin

(written May 22, 2017)

Perfect length.

Wazzzup. This has been a pretty solid week. I'll tell ya some highlights. (: We had exchanges with the zone leaders! I went with ya boy elder chicken (Kitchen). He's a true homie. We had a good time cruisin around preachin them gospels. We met one kid who was pretty solid, but gave us the wrong address for our appointment the next day. So that was lame. We tried by this former investigator of theirs. Oh. My. Days. She talked for 30 minutes without taking a breath. We literally didn't get a single opportunity to say a word. So that was a fun time.

Cruisin

😂 That night we had a lil campfire again and cooked hot dogs and smores. It was a real good time. (: good stuff. Here's a little tale for yous. I was walking out of the zone lords flat over to the fire when all a sudden a wild e Kitch jumped outta nowhere and sprayed me with a fire extinguisher. Haha it was hilarious except for the fact that he sprayed it in my mouth. It was gross. So then I chased him down and we wrestled for a bit, me trying to get the fire extinguisher from him. I finally got him and sprayed the heck outta him. It was the best of times. Elder kitchen regretted it afterwards. I didn't. 😇

Me and Elder Kitchen had a standoff of intimidation.

We were finally able to teach Sergio this week! And it was amazing! Sergios heart has been softened so much since the last time we taught him. We taught the restoration and he loved it. We invited him to be baptised for the second time, and this time he accepted. So that was major solid. (: we have him on date for the 3rd of June. Such a good kid. We met with him later in the week and taught the plan of salvation. Smooth sailing. It's different teaching him, because he's the first person I've taught who isn't so good with their English. I really enjoy it though! Forces us to keep it simple which is muchas good. Great lad that Sergio. (:

Most intimidating.

We found a couple of solid potential investigators this week, and found a super great girl named Sophie! We had a really great conversation about how God really does love us, and the atonement of Jesus Christ, on her doorstep and she loved it. She said we could come back the next day and unfortunately wasn't there, but it's all good. We will hopefully be able to see her again soon. We met loads of solid people last night! It was amazing, we got let in and talked loads about the Book of Mormon to a family, we got approached by a dude who wants to study with us about our church, and I talked to the bus driver while on the bus home haha and he was so great. I was telling him about the Book of Mormon and he was like, I've got one. What people don't understand is that the Book of Mormon doesn't replace the bible but goes parallel with it. I was like yoooo exactly that. He was the best. Killer night! (:

How to giraffe.

We hit up the zoo today! It was killer. This week Ive been thinking a lot about me, in the scheme of eternity. I know there's a lot of pressure sometimes to not be yourself. I was thinking about how all of us are the literal spirit children of our heavenly parents. And we existed before we came here, and had the same personalities. I've been me, a stinkin long time before I came here to earth. Ive been learning and growing and improving, but it doesn't change the fact that I'm still me. And that I love to have a laugh. It just really hit home for me this week that I'm a son of God, and he loves me for who I am. And that goes for all of us. 
To me that is a really nice thought. (: I hope you all have an amazing week! Love you all! (:

-Elder Edwards
There's a red panda but I'm more interested in my fidget spinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment