Letters from Dallen while on his mission... July 27, 2016-July 2018

Friday, June 2, 2017

Transfer upper doo

(written May 29, 2017)
Yo! Wazzup. So this week there's not a lot to report... it was pretty stinkin slow. I'll try my best though. 😜

Album cover.

Update on Sergio! Nothing to update. He moved his home stay and dropped off the face of the planet. So he's moved, and won't answer his phone. Sad day. ): hopefully we'll be able to find him on the street somewhere. We've def been keeping him in our prayers. Someday. (:


Haha we had a hilarious experience! We were cruisin down the street and I saw this very old man who couldn't walk super well sitting at a bus stop. I just said hello as we were walking by and he called us over. He was asking us if there was any shops nearby because he couldn't walk much further cause his arthritis. We were like no the shops are quite a ways away. I offered to go to the shops for him, so he just pulled his wallet out, handed it to us, and sent us away! 😂 haha quite the trusting man. So we went and got him some bread and tarts and brought it back to him. He was very grateful. Haha funniest man as well. We were talking to him and he told us a bit about his arthritis. He pulled up his pantlegs to show us his knees and he said "good job nobody's looking!" Then we all busted up for a little while. Haha it was great.

C for Chesta Crew. My c looked a bit funny though, not sure why.

We had a great district meeting on Tuesday. I love district meetings. Def my fav part of being a district leader. It had a great spirit there. Also! It was elder Godfrey's six month mark! So we burned some ties! Good times. (:

Elder Godfrey killin the game

We had a super solid experience with James this week! So things have been super hard with him because his parents have been showing 0 interest. But we were teaching him on Friday and his mom came in. She had been showing 0 interest because she thought we were jehovahs witnesses! Hahawhen she learned that we aren't, she warmed up real quick. We taught her the restoration and she asked loads of great questions! She loved the restoration, then the whole family came out to church on Sunday! It was great! Somebody in front of us ripped one in sacrament, so they kind of lost their focus for the rest of the meeting because they were trying not to laugh haha. 😂 funny family. (: they are super great. 


Also... transfer news! We found out yesterday that I... will be leaving! I will be going to Ashton to be the district dad there! Should be good! There's some pretty sick kids in my district so it will be fun. My new companion will be elder Charles. He's been out for 2 transfers and I know absolutely nothing about him. Should be good! (: also king Cossa, my old district leader in Rhyl will be in my district for his last transfer. So excited! (: the man is a legend. I love this gospel! I love how it encourages individuality, and I love Jesus Christ. I'm so grateful for him and the perfect example He set. Sometimes we get our priorities messed up. We just need to focus on Jesus Christ, and everything else will fall into place. 

Love you all, have a great week!
-elder edwards


No comments:

Post a Comment