Letters from Dallen while on his mission... July 27, 2016-July 2018

Sunday, July 1, 2018

Snowdon

 (written June 25, 2018)


Hey all! It’s been a pretty great week! Last week for p day we hiked a pretty famous mountain in Wales called Snowdon. It was a good time! It was chuckin it down, so we got absolutely soaked. It was super fun though. We went with some mates of mine from Colwyn Bay ward. We’re actually hiking it again today! We wanna do it when there’s good weather so we can get them good views. It’s going to be a good time. (: 
Top of Snowdon

Yeah our weeks been pretty good! We’ve found a couple people who’ve invited us back which was good. We had a j dub bash us. Somehow he told me that because my country fought against hitler in world war 2 our religion is false. Not sure how he worked that one out. 
 

We also had a super cool experience this week! I’d been praying for a miracle, and we met this lady Lanie! She told us she wasn’t really interested and was going to close the door, but then I asked why she wasn’t interested. She then told us she had lost her faith mainly because everything was all about the bible and Israel and she felt like god should associate with his other countries as well. I was like he he, blamo! Check out our Book of Mormon! A record of gods dealings with the people in America! She was like woah this is a major curveball! She was super super interested. I opened up to 2 nephi 29 and read verse 7 which goes “Know ye not that there are more nations than one? Know ye not that I, the Lord your God, have created all men, and that I remember those who are upon the isles of the sea; and that I rule in the heavens above and in the earth beneath; and I bring forth my word unto the children of men, yea, even upon all the nations of the earth?”. She really felt the spirit and she was like you might just make me a believer again. So that was a super cool experience. It’s been a while since we’ve met somebody who was proper prepared so that was great. We’re really hoping and praying she’ll want to learn more! God is good, and he speaks to more nations then just one, cuz he loves us all. (: 


Also had my final zone conference. That was kinda weird. Gave my departing testimony. Never thought I’d be at this point. Trying to make the most of these last three weeks! Well that’s me! Love you all!

-elder Edwards



No comments:

Post a Comment