Letters from Dallen while on his mission... July 27, 2016-July 2018

Monday, October 16, 2017

Righteously right on

Hey fam. It's been a pretty slick week. It's been enjoyed. I never know how to start an email.


Emma and stevie B are excited for their wedding! So the plan is, marriage on Nov. 18th, then hopefully Emma's baptism 4-5 weeks down the road from the wedding.  I love those two people. I just love people in general. There's a lot of wonderful people of all faiths and of no faith which I realized more this week. But yeah back to Steve-o and Emma. They are the best. I'm super happy for them.


We played some pinyin anda pongin with Alex again this week. We also had some super great chats with him this week about prayer and all sorts of good stuff. I love that kid. He's a true homie. He agreed to come to church next week which is a huge step for him. I'm pumped.


Other than that... basically we've just been doing the plain old plain old. Knockin doors, talking to peeps in the street, stopping by members who aren't quite so active, dropping by people who were formerly investigating the church and all that good stuff. We've met some great people! Had some great discussions and all that good stuff. Life is gewd. Also I love this branch. They are such excellent people, and they feed us every day. Haha we've got lunch and tea appointments all week this week. Most excellent. (:


We had the killerest of p days today. We went to the village Abergwyngregyn then hiked for ages to Aber falls. And hiked up above the falls. 'Twas the goodest of times. Pics included 


"If you're going through hell, keep going."                     ~Winston Churchill

I know that was a terrible transition but that's alright. 😜  I love that quote and I wanted to share it with you people. Life can really be hard sometimes. There's so many incredibly hard trials people go through, so many mental illnesses, so much feelings of worthlessness. My heart goes out to people who struggle with depression and abuse and all other terrible things like that. Depression has been something that's been a presence in my life, but not to any sort of degree that other people face it. It seems to hit harder at points in my mission though, and I had a couple of really rough days this past week. Depression kinda just hits for no reason, and it's like your own personal little bubble of hell. I know that sounds well dark and depressing. But... 

The God I know, is a God who loves me. His love is always there. It's like the waves rolling in from the ocean, it never stops. There's nothing we can do to make him not love us. It just takes us to be still enough to feel Him. And the God I know has never ceased to pick me up. There's a Japanese proverb that I love. "Fall down seven times. Get up eight." And when I truly don't have the strength to pick myself up, God has never failed to get me back on my feet. He always picks me up. So to anyone who may feel like they are going through hell. Please, please keep walking. There is always hope, and there is always light at the end of the tunnel. I know that. 


I love you all, but more importantly God loves you all. And that is the anchor to my soul, the very fiber that keeps me going. I love God, I love the trials that I've overcome, I love skiing, I love being a missionary and being able to help my friends, and I love life. 

The very object of our existence is to have joy. And whether we are struggling to have that right now, it will come. Maybe in this life, maybe in the next. But the special thing, is that it will come. Keep walking everyone. (: God is on your side. Just a couple things that have been on my mind, hope it might help somebody. (: love you all, have a killer week.

-elder edwards




No comments:

Post a Comment