Letters from Dallen while on his mission... July 27, 2016-July 2018

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Transfers!



(Laurel here... Ack! I totally forgot to post last weeks letter!!)
written April 17, 2017:

Hey all! Sorry I'm feeling super lazy so this email isn't going to be super long, I will just try to make some highlights. (:
The broken golf club.
This week has been pretty crazy. We had loads of appointments all over the place, and Elder Stiff lost our phone. Missionary work is surprisingly hard without a phone. 😂 Haha especially when your mission president is trying to reach you about transfer calls. Anyway we tried our best to make do. 

Our investigator Ken that we met in Halkyn last week, we drove out there with Bro Mouncher and he dropped us. Fun stuff. 😜 Most of our appointments this week fell through. 

Elder Trunky is the best man to ever exist. He cooks our eggs.

On Thursday we traveled down to Wrexham for a baptismal interview for the sisters. The girl's name is Ebony. She was super nice, and I really enjoyed the interview. Her baptism was on Saturday. I wanted to go, so we met with an investigator who said she could come out to the baptism. So we arranged a lift. On Saturday 5 minutes before our lift arrived Julia (the investigator) cancelled. |: so we weren't able to go. 


We finally were able to see Sergio again! We've been having a hard time getting in contact with him since we lost the phone. He came to church as well. Really nice kid. I think he enjoyed it. 
A righteous cause.

Well there really isn't a lot to report. Oh yeah! Transfers! Elder Stiff will be leaving Chester and become the new delivery elder for the mission! He's pretty excited, should be good. I will be staying here and my new companion will be elder Godfrey. He's been out for like 4 months and that's about all I know about him. I'm excited! (: Well I will definitely give a better email next week! Thanks! Love you all!
-Elder Edwards


No comments:

Post a Comment