Letters from Dallen while on his mission... July 27, 2016-July 2018

Friday, March 10, 2017

Weeks of stuff

Hey all! Its been a pretty solid week. Doing some stuff... yeah I don't even know how the flip to start out these emails. Whatever.

Monday was pretty good. I can't really remember what we did tbh... we played some mad solid ping pong I'm pretty sure. Going real hard against Elder Van Dyken. That was a good time. Then we just chillaxed around and got some all you can eat pizza from the Pizza Hut. Good stuff.

I tried to ring this doorbell.

Tuesday was also some pretty good. We had a great district meeting, with some good uplifting stuff bout the atonement and missionary work. After district meeting we headed to Chester and then walked ages to an appointment with a former investigator Luke. It was great we talked for quite a while, just about the world and God and stuff. Talking about like deep stuff, he's a really philosophical man. It was great. Also he reminded me of Bob Marley so that was some good. We're going to see him sometime this week so that'll be good. (: then Marcel didn't show for his appointment so that was lame. That night for pancake day we got waffles as a district. They were some pretty tasty waffles. 

After the trampoline park.

Afterwards us and the sisters were walking to the bus stop and we popped into Macky's to grab some cheeseburgers for a pound cause we were still hungry. I was the last one to order and I was standing there waiting to order and I noticed this lady walk in and stand kinda close to me. I noticed she was staring at my face, so I said hello and asked how she was doing. She started talking and scooted closer to me. I scooted away. We made some small talk as ya do, then she like starting patting my arm. I was like what the flip is even going on. She got more comfortable with the arm touching and was like full on rubbing my arm, I'm just scooting away petrified with fear with no idea what to do. Finally it was my turn to order so I bolted away from her and ordered my food. I turned around after ordering to go where the other missionaries were standing and the lady tried to grab my arm as I walked by.

But I cruised. I went up to them and told them this lady was rubbing up my arm. They were like what the heck. When the lady finished ordering she bee lined over to me. I had my hands in my pockets and she was like grabbing my wrist trying to pull my hand out so she could hold it. Then she proceeded to rub my arm again. Sister Taumalolo started talking to her trying to distract her. Then the lady got really bold and all a sudden went tried to put her arm around me and zoomin in her face for the kiss. Sister Taumalolo jumped in there and saved my life, grabbing that arm and saving me from what would have been sudden doom. You may ask why I didn't: 
1. Tell her to stop
2. Run away
3. Scream at the top of my lungs
4. Some other option. 
And the answer is I don't know why I didn't do those things. I was terrified and didn't even know what to do. So I just scooted I guess haha. 😂 so yeah. Sister Taumalolo distracted the lady until we got our food and could bounce outta there. When we left McDonald's we couldn't hold it in anymore and everyone just died laughing. It took a while before we could stop laughing. So yeah that was quite the experience. Gotta love drunk people. (:

(Elder Stiff)
What is even going on here? 

Wednesday! In the afternoon we finished tracting the street we had planned for super early so we were like what should we do. We looked on our map to see, and there was this former investigator like a 45 minute walk away out into the middle of nowhere. So we were like what the heck. Walked all the way out there and the address was fake. So that was lame. We had to bump away as soon as we got there to get back in time for our bus. We started walking then I was like what the flip I'm not walking all the way out here for nothing. So we decided to knock some doors and forget the bus haha. On the fourth door we knocked we met this super solid dude Adam. He was super interested and invited us to come back. So that was solid. He snowboards so we talked about skiing and snowboarding for like 20 minutes haha. After we left we walked and the bus came perfect timing. Good stuff indeed. (: That night we went and saw this young couple who have two young kids. We had such a great lesson with them. They live like 2 minute walk from the chapel and have been wanting to go in for years. It was great. (:

It snowed here!!

Thursday we had a billion appointments fall through.

Friday we had a billion appointments fall through.

We did some other stuff on those days but I don't feel like typing it out. 😁 Saturday we had a good lesson with Bruce, then did some service in the afternoon with the zone leaders. 

After our service. ha ha

Sunday was good as well. We met with Chris again and as soon as he gets the go ahead from his dr to travel because he broke his wrist really bad he can come to church. He's committed to come to church and be baptised once he's got the all clear from his doctor. So that's real good stuff. (:

Today was killer! We went to the trampoline park again. 😁 the best of times. Well that's my week! Lessons falling through and a 40 year old drunk lady trying to kiss me! Big ole shoutout to my bro Spencer and Hailey for getting married this weekend! Legends. 😁 love yous all and have a great week!

-Elder Edwards









No comments:

Post a Comment