Letters from Dallen while on his mission... July 27, 2016-July 2018

Sunday, January 1, 2017

Almost Christmas!!!

(Dallen's mom here: This email was sent on Saturday, December 23, 2016. In the midst of activities on Christmas eve and then the exciting event of skyping on Christmas day, I'm sorry to say I completely spaced posting on the blog.)

He he he

Hello everybody! This week has been a solid one. Let me take you all on an adventure to Wales now come onnnn! Haha that was weird. Monday was pretty solid. We didn't have a whole lotta time because our p day ended at 3. So we played some pool emailed and that's pretty much it for p day. We did some tracting for the rest of the day and saw Graham and Chez + kids. Always a good time there. (:

Tuesday was kind of really really crappy. I will get to that in a moment. We went and tracted this little village that we hadn't been to, and were tracting like basically out in the farm country. It was a pretty good time. Got a couple good potential investigators but it will be a pain to get back there and see them again. We saw Sian and Rob that night and had tea with them. They are doing ok. Sian has been put on bed rest because the medication for her migraines is having some crazy side effects. So they haven't been to church In a little while. We talked to her today and she is feeling a lot better so that's good. Alright so here's my bad news. Tina has been super dodgy lately. Won't meet with us, making up excuses for why she can't, won't meet with anyone from the church. Hasn't been to church in almost a month. We were at carl and Cassie's on Tuesday night when Cassie asked if I had heard the news about Tina. She told me that Tina had posted on the wards facebook page that she is going to join the Pentecostal church. It was quite surprising and really sucky news. That night was super rough. I was just chilling in my bed after planning and opened my Book of Mormon to a random page. I read in Helaman 10:4-5, which says, 
Blessed art thou, Nephi, for those things which thou hast done; for I have beheld how thou hast with unwearyingness declared the word, which I have given unto thee, unto this people. And thou hast not feared them, and hast not sought thine own life, but hast sought my will, and to keep my commandments. 
And now, because thou hast done this with such unwearyingness, behold, I will bless thee forever; and I will make thee mighty in word and in deed, in faith and in works; yea, even that all things shall be done unto thee according to thy word, for thou shalt not ask that which is contrary to my will.

That was really nice to read. By all means it didn't take away the sadness or the hurt but it helped. God won't take our hard times completely away but he will not leave us comfort less. It was really nice to get that bit of comfort. Just so you all know I'm fine now, didn't let it get me down for too long. Just a night. 😜

More bathroom selfies.

Wednesday we did all sorts o stuff. That night we traveled with the other elders to Preston to spend the night there. We stayed with Elder Arias from my group and Elder Andrate from Elder Jensens home town. Elder Arias has the heat CRANKED in that flat so we were all dying. They had a monster powerful fan so I had that fan bumpin. It was quite nice. (: we woke up at 5 the next morning and headed to Chorley. It was the multi zone party for the south zones. So we got to do baptisms and an endowment session in the Chorley temple. It was super nice. Then we had the Christmas party. It was way fun. So fun to see loads of missionaries. Santa came as well. It was most excellent. We left the party at 6 and had to get like 6 different trains because they were being all weird. So that was actually pretty fun. We didn't get back till like 11 o clock. Not enough sleep. 10:30-6:25 is my favorite time of the day. 😂

Beautiful Wales.

Friday was good we did some weekly planning, then tracting, then we had tea with bishops fam. It was super fun. We had a massive nerf gun war with bishops whole family. It was most triumphant. Haha it was way fun. We saw graham and chez that night which was super fun as always. Their fam is the bestest ever.
I can't believe today is Christmas Eve! Super exciting time of year. I love being able to serve the lord with everything I have and I'm so appreciative to the many things He has done for me. My mission has taught me so much already. I have learned so much about the life and character of Jesus Christ. I love how we can focus on him at this time of year. But we can also focus on him all year round and always keep him in our thoughts. It is so amazing the sacrifice He made for us so that we can all become clean and come back and live with him again. I'm so grateful for my saviour Jesus Christ. I know he lives. I know this is His church and that He is at the head

I love you all and hope you have an amazing Christmas. Deuces!🎄 

Also, I wish we had snow here. Just so you know.


Just another one from a while ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment